Make a Bunny Cake
A Bunny cake makes a festive Easter centerpiece and a delicious dessert!
You will need the following items for this project:
- Your favorite cake mix
- White frosting (homemade or store bought)
- Jelly beans
- Pink construction paper
- Green food coloring
- Other candy (optional)
- Bake your favorite cake in an 8" or 9" round cake pan according to instructions on package / recipe.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Cut the cake in half, so that you have two half circle shapes. (See diagram)
- You will want to frost the bottom of one half circle.
- You will want to put the two half circles together, like a sandwich. (See diagram)
- You will want to cut a small notch out in the front, to create the bunny's head. (See diagram)
- You will use that notch as the bunny's tail. (See diagram)
- Place the bunny, rounded side up, on a tray or plate.
- Place the tail at the opposite end of the bunny's face.
- Using your white frosting, cover the cake.
- Cover the bunny in coconut.
- Using the pink paper, cut out ears for your bunny (See diagram).
- Stick the ears into the front area of the cake, where you made the notch for the tail.
- Using jelly beans, put eyes and a nose on your bunny.
- You can color coconut green with food coloring to make grass to surround your bunny.
- Scatter jelly beans, and other Easter candies around the bunny to make it festive.