American Flag Windsock
Make Your Own American Flag Windsock
This project is a FUN way to decorate for any patriotic holiday, or to show your USA pride all year-round! American Flag Windsocks are easy to make and perfect for your Memorial Day and Fourth of July barbecues.
You will need the following items for this project:
- Cylindrical oatmeal box
- Construction paper (blue)
- Crepe paper (red & white)
- Star stickers (for more FUN use other patriotic stickers, like flags!)
- Glitter (optional)
- Hole punch
- Remove cover and cut bottom off oatmeal box.
- Cover box with blue construction paper.
- Decorate box with stickers and glitter.
- Cut red and white crepe paper streamers, glue to bottom end of box.
- Punch four holes along the top end of the box.
- Cut two pieces of string about a foot long.
- Tie strings to the holes you have just punched, tie opposite ends of strings to holes on opposite side.
- Cut an additional longer piece of string. Tie this to the other two strings. This is how you will hang your windsock.
- Hang windsock from your porch, window or a tree!
* Young children should use child-safe scissors.