Grow your own Shamrocks
Grow your own shamrocks!
Growing your own shamrocks is a fun St. Patrick’s Day project for the classroom and at home. Kids will learn the process of growing clovers from seeds and will have FUN watching the growth. Kids will love bringing them home to Mom and Dad!
You will need the following items for this project:
- St. Patrick’s Day cups
- St. Patrick’s Day coordinating small plates (optional)
- Potting soil
- Clover/Shamrock seeds
- Poke a small hole in the bottom of the cup for drainage.
- Fill the cup a little more than half way with potting soil.
- Drop in your seeds.
- Cover with about half an inch of potting soil.
- Place on the paper plate to catch any water that may drain.
- Water so that soil is moist.
- Place by a window or other sunny area.
- Water as needed.
- Watch them grow.