Tips for planning a Spooktacular Halloween Party
Throwing a costume party this Halloween, but not sure where to begin? Follow our simple tips for planning your Halloween Ball, house party or costume shindig and your guests will be talking about it for many Halloweens to come!
- Plan ahead and mail your invitations at least three weeks before the party.
- Be sure to let your guests know that it is a costume party.
- Give out prizes for the best costumes (male, female & couple) - a round of golf, spa gift certificate or a gift certificate to a local restaurant make great gifts.
- Be sure to provide plenty of Halloween candy for your guests and any trick-or-treaters - plastic pumpkins, cauldrons or Frankenstein pails serve as festive candy dishes.
- Decorate to create a Halloween atmosphere - iParty has all the supplies you'll need - tombstones for your lawn, scarecrows, planters, spider webbing, pumpkin votive holders, fog machines, Halloween tableware, candy dishes, party supplies, streamers and more!
- Serve a buffet of food - Don't forget desserts such as: Halloween cookies and festive cupcakes. Decorate your table with carved pumpkins or plastic skulls to make even an ordinary buffet look boo-tiful.
- Provide party cameras - encourage guests to take photos of the party, it's always fun to look at all your friends dressed up for Halloween.
- Provide theme music to suit the occasion. A CD with scary, haunting sounds or traditional Halloween music can set the mood for a spooktacular night.
- Greet and entertain your guests, be sure you also enjoy the party yourself.
- Thank your guests for attending.