Frankenstein Cake Cone
For your Halloween party, set one of these sweet Frankensteins at every little monsters’ plate. They’re easy to make and will have the kids giggling as they eat them.
- Black decorating frosting in tube
- Candy eyes
- Chocolate cake mix
- Chocolate frosting
- Green ice cream cone, flat bottomed
- Licorice roll candy: black with orange
- Peanut butter cup
- Small green candies
- Butter knife
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
What to do:
- Prepare chocolate cake mix, following package instructions.
- Fill ice cream cone ½ full of cake batter and bake, following cupcake instructions on package. Let cool.
- Apply chocolate frosting on top of baked cones, using butter knife.
- Remove paper from one peanut butter cup and place on top of frosting. Let set.
- Make stitches from top of cone down the "head" at an angle with black frosting.
- Attach candy eyes and make mouth with black frosting.
- Attach one small green candy to each side of cone with black frosting. Let set.
- Attach small slice of licorice roll to green candy with black frosting.
-- Project used with permission of Sterling Publishing Co. Inc., from Scary Scenes for Halloween by Jill Williams Grover, © 1999 by Chapelle Ltd., a Sterling/Chapelle book