Easter Egg Hunt
For a FUN Easter Egg Hunt everyone will enjoy, check out our egg hunt ideas and tips. iParty is a one-stop shop for all things Easter! Egg decorating kits, plastic eggs, Easter candy and much more. Hop in today!
Basic Egg Hunt
- Fill colored plastic eggs with small treats such as candy, stickers or tiny toys. Plan on 6 to 10 eggs per guest.
- Hide all of the eggs before the guests arrive. Choose easy spots for smaller children, and more obscure locations for older kids.
- Have your guest bring their own basket, and ask them to line up at the starting line. Call "Go" or blow whistle to let the hunt begin.
Twisted Egg Hunt
- Hide baskets filled with eggs in different locations around the house. Attach streamers to each basket handle, using a different color for each basket.
- Starting at the basket, loop the streamers throughout the whole house, around and under furniture. Make all streamers end at your starting point.
- When the hunt begins, give each hunter a streamer color to follow throughout the house to find their basket. Leave extra treats along the way for EGGstra FUN!
Treasure Egg Hunt
- Create a series of clues leading hunters to different hiding spots throughout the house and yard. The final clue should lead hunters to the grand prize.
- Place all clues inside plastic eggs and hide in their appropriate spots. You will need one egg for each team at every location.
- To begin the hunt, give each team the egg with their first clue and let the FUN begin. The first team to find all of the eggs and get to the grand prize wins.
Scavenger Egg Hunt
- Create a checklist for your hunters with items they need to find, for example: 2 yellow eggs, 4 pink eggs, 1 glitter egg, 3 blue eggs and so on.
- Fill eggs with candy for snacking along the hunt. Provide each team or hunter with a basket, a pencil and a checklist.
- Instruct everyone to only find the items on their checklist. The first hunter, or team to find everything on the list will win the grand prize.
Egg Hunt At Dark
- This hunt is great for older kids or even adults! Just before dark, hide plastic eggs around the yard.
- Use glow sticks to mark the hunting boundaries. Give each team a flash light and a basket and let the hunting begin!
Mystery Egg Hunt
- A thief has stolen the Easter Bunny's basket of eggs! Fill plastic eggs with clues to the stolen basket. Mark the outside of each egg with a clue number.
- Have hunters follow clues in numerical order to lead them closer to the stolen basket. Fill basket with FUN prizes for all of the hunters.
Egg Hunt EGGstras
- Since the Easter Bunny will be busy hiding eggs, have someone dress up in a Bunny Costume to greet your guests to the hunt.
- Dress for the Hunt! Have your hunters wear bunny ears and cotton tails. Don't forget the face paint for the bunny whiskers!
- Have snacks ready for your hungry hunters. Decorate tables in pastel colored tableware. Don't forget the Easter Balloons!
- Big chocolate bunnies, stuffed animals and Easter games and toys all make great Grand Prizes for your winning hunters!
- Don't let anyone feel left out. Have extra baskets or pastel colored bags for guests who have forgotten their Easter baskets.